Shawn Kangas
10-22-09
Ease in Essays 1.03
Technology
Technology use in our everyday lives, such as cell phones and computers, can be good to have or can complicate things. For example, cell phones are good to have in case someone has to get a hold of you for something important. If a person is driving and breaks down, they can call someone to help them if they have a cell phone. Also, if you are going to be late for a job interview, you can call so they do not think you are not coming. If you have a computer, it helps you find information you do not know, helps you locate pictures for a report, figure out how to make something or even watch a YouTube video.
Sometimes technology use can complicate things because you can get used to using a computer, for example, and not know how to look things up in a book. The internet can give you false information from websites that are made by people that are stating their opinions. Information on how animals are slaughtered, broadcast on YouTube, can make some people become vegetarians. You have to be very careful what you post on the internet because hackers can track you and may find out where you live. All of these things are important reasons for how the internet can make our lives more difficult.
Personally, I prefer to be outside. I only use my phone to communicate with my friends and family or use the internet to meet new people and complete my school work. During my free time, I prefer to hunt or fish. This is my first time taking a course online and I’d rather use paper and pen, than to be working on my computer. I do not like typing, so in this case, I prefer not use technology.
In conclusion, technology can be seen as both good and bad. The good things include how convenient it is, you can sit at a computer all day, if you wish. Some of the bad things include the many dangers of the internet such as hackers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment